About Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) / FASTTAG:
lectronic toll collection (ETC) aims to eliminate the delay on toll roads by collecting tolls electronically. ETC determines whether the cars passing are enrolled in the program, alerts enforcers for those that are not, and electronically debits the accounts of registered car owners without requiring them to stop.
Electronic toll collection has facilitated the concession to the private sector of the construction and operation of urban freeways. Also, it has made feasible the improvement and the practical implementation of road congestion pricing schemes in a limited number of urban areas to restrict auto travel in the most congested area.
FASTag is a simple to use, reloadable tag which enables automatic deduction of toll charges and lets you pass through the toll plaza without stopping for the cash transaction. FASTag is linked to a prepaid account from which the applicable toll amount is deducted. The tag employs Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) technology and is affixed on the vehicle’s windscreen after the tag account is active.
FASTag is a perfect solution for a hassle free trip on national highways. FASTag is presently operational at more than 400 toll plazas across national and state highways.
- Veh.Class. : Vehicle Class Type
- T.C. : Tag cost
- S.D. : Security Deposit
- M.R. : Minimum Recharge Amount
Amount to be Charged from Customer during Registration:-
|Car / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle||100||200||100||400|
|Light Commercial Vehicle||100||300||140||540|
|Light Three Axle Commercial Vehicles||100||400||300||800|
|BuS 2 Axle||100||400||300||800|
|Truck 2 – axle||100||400||300||800|
|Truck 3 – axle||100||400||300||800|
|Truck 4 – axle||100||400||300||800|
|Truck 5 – axle||100||400||300||800|
|Truck 6 – axle||100||400||300||800|
|Truck Multi axle ( 7 and above)||100||400||300||800|
|Earth Moving Machinery||100||400||300||800|
|Heavy Construction machinery||100||400||300||800|
|Tata Ace and Similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||100||200||100||400|
Benefit to Road User:-
- Near non-stop motion through toll plazas
- Convenience for cashless payment of toll fee
- Less traffic congestion and reduced commute times
- Toll statements which can be mailed or made available online
- A cashback on all Toll payments using FASTag. The cashback amount for a particular month will be credited back to your FASTag account within a week of subsequent month.
Benefit to Toll Operator:-
- Lower operating costs
- Better audit control through centralized user accounts
- Improved capacity without being required to build more infrastructure
Benefit to Government:
- Savings on fuel and reduction of emissions from idling and repeated stops at toll plazas
- Improves transparency of toll transactions
Benefit to VLE’s:
- For every registration or on-boarding of new vehicle VLE will get commission
- For every top-up/recharge VLE’s will get commission
Process and role of VLE:
- VLE’s will procure the fast tag from CSC portal
- CSC SPV will send the SBI credentials to registered mail ID
- Once Fastag received by VLE’s, VLE’s will register customer details at SBI Portal and affix the tag on the car
- After affix the tag VLE’s will do the recharge or top-up from CSC wallet. This is iterative process for earning of VLE’s.
Mode of Commission:
- Commission amount to be paid on monthly basis. Commission structure as given:
|Bank||VLE Share for Tag Insurance||Top-up from Bank||VLE’s Share- Top-up Commission|
|State Bank of India||25.00||1% of Value Subject to Minimum 5.00 Rs and Max 50.00 (Minimum Top-up 200.00 Rs.)||80.00% of top-up commission Value|
Note: Above commission amount to be paid after deduction of TDS/TAX