Startup India is a flagship initiative of the Government of India, intended to build a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and Startups in the country that will drive sustainable economic growth and generate large scale employment opportunities. The Government through this initiative aims to empower Startups to grow through innovation and design.
In order to meet the objectives of the initiative, Government of India announced the Action Plan that addresses all aspects of the Startup ecosystem on 16th January 2016. With this Action Plan the Government hopes to accelerate spreading of the Startup movement. The Action Plan is based on the following three pillars:
- Simplification and Handholding
- Funding Support and Incentives
- Industry-Academia Partnership and Incubation
StartUp India Benefits:
- Up to 7 years and for biotechnology startups up to 10 years from its date of incorporation / registration
- Incorporated as either a Private Limited Company or a Registered Partnership Firm or a Limited Liability Partnership
- Turnover for any fiscal year has not exceeded INR 25 crore
- Entity should not have been formed by splitting up or reconstruction a business already in existence
- Working towards innovation, development or improvement of products or processes or services, or if it is a scalable business model with a high potential of employment generation or wealth creation
Startup India Mobile Application
The official mobile application for Startup India developed to assist users to easily source information from the official Startup India website at http://startupindia.gov.in.
Be in touch with Startup Indiainitiative and get the latest news, events, information about Startups, Incubators, IMB, State wise information, action plan and FAQs, etc. right in your hand.
The app will allow users to apply for Recognition of Startups and Incubators and also allow users to validate Recognition of Startups and Incubators.